Saturday, March 10, 2012

How to Plant Bare Root Roses


  One advantage to buying a bare root rose is the price. Bare root roses are commonly found in mail order catalogs and department store garden centers. I personally perfer them simply for their price. I can buy a $15-20 rose for $3-6 by buying bare root roses. I would suggest them for anyone trying to build a rose garden on a budget.

  While bare root roses are budget friendly they do require a little knowledge to insure they are properly planted. They don't require any added expenses or extra time...they just require proper planting. To insure you are planting your bare root roses properly read the How to Plant Bare Root Roses Tutorial.

 I will add that I have found great variates of bare root roses in bags like those pictured above at Wal-Mart, Marvin's (my favorite because they offer grade 1 and grade 1 1/2) and Ace. All have done very well for me and out of about 30, I don't believe I have had any fail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment