Thursday, April 19, 2012

How to Get Rid of Carpenter Bees


Well, my new greenhouse is up and running and filling up with plants fast. It's also filling up with carpenter bees. Oh my.... I didn't know much about carpenter bees till I started to tell my husband about all the buzzing and the whole in one of the boards on my trusses in my BRAND NEW greenhouse. I was telling him how the sawdust was filling up one of the trays on my Canna Lilies and he told me that i was carpenter bees.

Ok- a bee. No big deal the bees are actually beneficial in my greenhouse because they polinate the plants. Well much to my surprise Carpenter Bees are far from beneficial. They chew holes in the wood and build nests inside the boards causing the boards to become hollow, less sturdy and eventually break.

Well, as if that ain't enough, getting rid of the carpenter bees consisted of more that spraying them out of their whole with the water hose or trying to squash one and think I was done. With that being said I thought it may be useful to share some of the info I discovered on How to Get Rid of Carpenter Bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment